The Lord is my strength and my shield;

My heart trusted in Him, and I am helped;

Therefore my heart greatly rejoices,

And with my song I will praise Him.

Psalm 28:7 NKJV

Friday, May 4, 2012

Our new family member.....

I have been so busy this week.  It has been nonstop kids and by tonight I was fried.  I have three kids, I babysit three kids a few days a week and I babysat my friend's three an additional evening this week.  So needless to say, I am kidded out.  AND I babysit tomorrow.  So for the duration of Saturday I will have my daughters (ages 11, 9 and 4) and three kids I sit for who are 6, 5 and 2.  You might be relaxing but I will be crafting, cleaning, changing diapers, getting dirty, breaking up fights and who knows what else!

In typical knight in shining armor style my husband rescued my sanity tonight.  I had to go to church for a bit to set some things up and instead of the taking my small entourage with me my husband took them for the evening.  I was alone.  At first the silence was blissful.  It was so quiet that I could hear noises that weren't even real.  After about a half hour I was lonely.  Oh well, I was in need of sanity time and solitude and I got it thanks to my wonderful husband.

A couple hours of time to myself and then I arrived back home to my husband, three daughters, one turtle, two dogs, nine chickens and our toad.  Wait- TOAD?!  Yup.  Apparently the kids caught a toad and my husband, having not considered the difficulties of catching live flies, told the children that we could keep the toad.  After a little (really gross) research it had been determined that our little guy would  consume approximately 4 to 7 bugs every two or three days.  And apparently they only like live, moving, bugs.  Nothing dead.  Great.  Well the little guy has yet to be fed since my fly catching skills are not what they should be but he does have a nice little home in an old tank that we had lying around.  I hope he lives.  Ugh.

Since all of this excitement happened just prior to bedtime our little guy doesn't have a name.  So if you are a creative sort and you could possibly think of something to call him please tell me.  Since our turtle is named Shelly you know that we are not very creative so we can use all the help we can get!!


So this is the toad.  Please name him so that I can try to develop an attachment to the little guy.  He's really not all that attractive so I think we need to personalize him.  I'm sure that I'll have stories to tell you about tomorrow that involve bug catching and other gross things.   Wish me luck.

2 comments:

  1. Lumpy........that's a good name! See you really need a little piggy if ours have babies! At least them you can feed veggies instead of flies! LOL

    ReplyDelete